Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another one bites the dust

We were not even here for a month before this happened...
You can tell by the look in his eyes that he was less than thrilled about the start to his day. 

It was about two weeks after we moved here.  It was a lovely Saturday morning and we had a fun day planned for the kids.  Avila beach, Pismo beach and the Avila Barn.  I was upstairs showering, Troy was working in the garage and the kids were downstairs playing.  I heard some crying and figured if it was serious enough one of the boys would run up and tell me.  Sure enough! Sebastien came into the bathroom crying, and said he hit his head.  When I opened up the shower door to take a peek, I was not expecting anything.  Instead I saw blood running down his face, smeared all over his hands and a very panicked little boy.  I jumped out of the shower, threw a towel over me then grabbed him to try and calm him down.  He just kept saying, "I don't want to get stitches!"

Troy headed off to the ER, as I was not in any position to go (remember, I had just jumped out of the shower, conditioner still in my hair and not even dressed). 

The medicine is kicking in and he was finally up to "cracking" a smile. 


The result: NO STITCHES.  I had one very happy little boy.  They glued this one together and said we could continue with our plans for the day but to be careful at the beach.  Let's hope we can make it at least a year before we have to do this again! 

No comments: